EBay "Add Note" Bookmarklet
- Drag the Add Note link (below) to your Links toolbar.
If dragging doesn't work, right-click on it and Add to Favorites into the Links folder.
- Once it's there, right-click on it and select "Properties"
- In the URL or Location, find the part "ebay.ca" near the beginning, and replace it with the proper domain for your country, such as "ebay.com" or "ebay.co.uk".
- Find the word EBAY_USER_ID and replace it with your eBay userid.
Your Add Note bookmarklet is now installed. Now you may click it whenever you're looking at an eBay item and a new page will open to let you add a note.
- In Mozilla, the new window always opens in the background. I'm not sure how to get around this. Works fine in IE though.
- I tested this only for eBay.ca and eBay.com.
- If you Add Note on an item you are not yet watching, the item still won't appear in your watch list. Strangely enough, it seems that if you watch the item after that, your note is still there.
- The regular expression used to extract the eBay item number is very simplistic. All it does is scan the page for the first ten-digit number. Thus, if the description of the item has a big number in it, the bookmarklet will think that's the item number.
- If eBay changes the parameters to their CGI scripts, I'm positive this bookmarklet will stop working.